DOT / CDL PHYSICAL EXAMS
Dr.Ramin Nikkhoo is a Hawaii based certified medical examiner listed at the national registry of the department of transportation (#5834923371) Recognized locally for fair, ethical, safe and driver friendly DOT / CDL Physical exams. He is here to help you through the DOT / CDL Physical Exam requirements so you can obtain this important certification.
What to expect at your DOT exam.
First, we have you to fill out a short Health history form that is provided by our office. We check your eyes, ears, height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, heart, lungs and abdomen. We perform a urine dipstick test for glucose, Protein-specific gravity, and blood. (This is NOT a drug test.)
We will provide you with your certification after your exam is done on the same day.
Preparation for your exam
- Drink water at least 30 minutes prior to your exam.
- Remember to bring your medical records, the list of medications you're taking currently, any exemption certificate paperwork if it applies in your case.
- Remember to bring hearing aids, or eyeglasses if you using them to drive.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Name and telephone number of your family physician, or any specialist whom prescribe your medications.
- If you are suffering from sleep apnea you need to bring a copy of your latest sleep test result.
- If you have a heart condition or you ever had a heart attack you will need to bring a copy of your last stress test.
- If you are diabetic, you need to bring a complete list of your medication and name of your prescribing doctor and certification from your Endocrinologist.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to fill out your health history questionnaires.
I am fully aware of the importance of the physical exam for a drivers career and livelihood, therefore I am here to do everything I can to help.
To ensure our availability please call at least 24 to 48 hours in advance to make your appointment with Dr. Nikkhoo for your DOT/CDL/PUC physical exam.